Thursday, April 2, 2009

This crazy week



Wow! I just found out that I am going to be a grandma twice. I guess my girls are ganging up on me! Just kidding. What a change though, to think of myself as a grandma. Amanda just filled us in on the news this last Saturday. The gang was all here, it was perfect timing. And boy were we shocked, though we shouldn't have been (they were on the five year plan, and September it will be five years). It reminds me of that insurance commercial "Life comes at you fast". I just hope I can be a good grandma and spoil them rotten then send them home for their mommies and daddies to deal with them lol. Really though, I can't wait.

Yesterday Melanie let me go with her to her ultra sound to find out if their baby is a boy or girl. I am so blessed to be able to share this with her while Derek is away, and before they move away. I can't believe how emotional I got. I thought no big deal, I have seen lots of ultrasounds and I would not need to cry ha ha ha ha. I took one look at my granddaughter and the tears would not stop! God is so good and I just can't believe how he has planned the life thing. It so amazes me how intricately we are created. How he has planned every little detail, to create just the person He wants us to be. We got to see her yawn, which was especially neat since Melanie had just told me the day before that the baby can now yawn. She is so beautiful, even without seeing clearly, and I am not prejudiced one little bit ha ha.

I also got to cook an April Fool's dinner for the church last night. That was sooo much fun. I hadn't done anything like that before. We had fish sticks, mashed potatoes and gravy, peas and carrots, with a cherry cake for dessert a.k.a. sugar wafer cookies spread with peanut butter rolled in crushed corn flakes, vanilla ice cream with carmel sauce, green tootsie rolls and orange died marshmellows, and meatloaf with a roasted red pepper filling covered with pink mashed potatoes. It was a big hit, I think everyone loved it.

So now I guess back to painting doors, ugh, will we ever be done.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would have cried as well if Derek was there. I may seem composed because of the current company, but I held back some watery eyes. =P