Saturday, April 4, 2009

Surprises

Things have been happening quite fast and a bit surprising around here.  As announced before, Bo and I will be having a baby!  Don't know if I'm 1 month or 2 months along yet...hopefully will find out soon.  Either way, that will put it at a November/early December birth.  I have my first prenatal exam on Wednesday at the Alma Midwifery Birth Center.  I DO know that I would like to try a water birth since I plan on having no pain meds and it is supposed to be easier on the baby to adjust right after birth.
The most surprising thing occurred on the 31st.  Bo's dad got an email from Bo's biological mother!  She wanted to know how Bo was doing, etc.  Bo has been emailing her back and forth and even started talking on the phone with her!  He is sooo extatic to hear from her!  Hobby and Dianna have raised Bo, explaining that his mother didn't want to give him up, but that her life was a mess and it was actually dangerous for him (bad marriage apparently...didn't know all the details), so he's always thought of his mother in the highest regard, knowing that she did it to protect Bo.  So, they've been catching up and it turns out that Bo has a brother and there's all these cousins and aunts and uncles who are so excited about hearing from him!  
I'll post more details later and pictures, but I've got to finish dinner!  TTFN

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's really exciting for Bo! Who knows! You might have more family to visit during the holidays now! haha.

Debbie said...

That is amazing! I'm so glad to hear that connections are coming back - truly a miracle! Enjoy getting to know each other again!